Playstation 5, released in 2022 as an updated version of PlayStation 4 came with huge storage of space. But if you ask me how much storage does the ps5 have, this article covers everything you will need to know. Well, the PS5 is a safe haven for gamers as one can store more than twelve high-quality video games, which takes up a lot of space. The total space offered in the ps5 is 825 GB SSD.
The SSD used in PS5 is PCIe Gen 4 M.2 NVMe, which has a more speedy reaction. Thus, the game experience should not be hindered and gamers do not regret buying a PlayStation. However, you can also connect their PS5 with an external setup of storage. This is in case you require more PS5 hard drive size.
Best way to connect your PS5 to your external storage
Now, if you have come to the decision that the internal storage of 825GB is not enough for you. Besides, if you are going to expand your PS5 storage then you must check the expandable limit and other criteria.
First, get external ps5 storage space that fulfills the following requirements:
- PS5 comes with a USB HDD Slot to which you can connect a hard disk of memory ranging between 250GB to 8TB.
- The USB slot should be connected to the USB HDD with high-speed USBs such as USB 20, USB 10, USB 5, etc.
Now, once your USB HDD is delivered to your front door, let’s look at how we can connect it to your PS5.
- Step 1: First, transfer all your saved data on the external hard disk to some other sources, or else all the data will be erased while it is installed on the PS5.
- Step 2: Once you have moved your saved data. Now it is the turn to switch on the PS5.
- Step 3: When the PS5 is switched on, you must now connect the HDD to the USB port.
- Step 4: Make sure that you do not connect the hard disk to the front port of the PS5 because it does not support external hard disks.
- Step 5: Now after connecting the HDD to the backport. Now you have to go to the setting by clicking on its icon present on the homepage.
- Step 6: Then find the playstation 5 storage section on the settings page.
- Step 7: There you will come across an option “USB Extended Storage”. Click on that option.
- Step 8: Now a page will pop up asking you for permission to format the external drive so that all the data on that storage will be erased.
- Step 9: When the data formatting is in process, make sure that you do not switch off the PlayStation.
- Step 10: After the completion of the design, your external drive is ready to be used.
Now, the HDD will remain connected to the PS. It’s until you don’t remove it from the settings using the option “Safely remove from PS5”
2 Best ways to transfer games to and from the external storage
Now, the external storage is also connected to your PS5 but then also you are lacking space. Besides, you don’t know how to transfer the game to external storage. So to help you with this process let’s take a look at the ways to transfer games to the external storage.
A. By using the settings
- Step 1: Click on the settings present in the top-right corner of the page.
- Step 2: Now select the storage option from your setting bar.
- Step 3: Now, to transfer the game to the HDD, you will have to click on the option Console. If you want to transfer the game from HDD you will have to click on the option “USB Extended Storage”
- Step 4: In both options, you will find the “Games and apps” option.
- Step 5: On clicking this option a list of all your games will be available.
- Step 6: Now, opt to select the games you wish to transfer.
- Step 7: Now, you only have to click on the option “Move” present in the right corner of the screen tale. On doing this your game will be transferred to your desired memory region.
B. By accessing the Game Library
- Step 1: Access the game library section by clicking on its option present right next to the recommended games.
- Step 2: Now will get all the games you have on your PS5.
- Step 3: Then select the game you have to transfer.
- Step 4: After this, you will have to press the options using your controller.
- Step 5: Now you will be able to see the options “Move to Console Storage” and “Move to USB Extended Storage”
- Step 6: You can use either of the options. Use “Move to Console Storage” for transferring to the PS5 storage and use “Move to USB extended storage” for transferring from the PS5 console storage and placing it in the external storage.
By using both these options you can move the games from one storage setup to another as per your requirements.
PS5 helps you with the best game experience but how many games can the ps5 hold is important to understand. Because, nowadays, most games come with an exceptional resolution, which needs good ps5 storage capacity. Consequently, make sure you don’t mess up with the storage. Also, ensure knowing how to use all the options i.e. internal storage, expandable storage, and external storage.
Q.1) How many GB do you get on a PS5?
On the internal PS5 storage size, you get an SSD of 825 GB from which you can use about 667.2GB for storing games.
Q.2) Can you add storage to a PS5?
Yes, you can add storage for the ps5. There are two ways you can add storage i.e. by using the expandable SSD port or connecting an external hard disk with a USB.
Q.3) How many games can a PS5 hold?
One can store more than twelve high-resolution games such as Call of Duty Vanguard, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Fortnite, etc.
Q.4) How to Increase Storage Space for PS5?
If you are looking for ways to increase storage on PS5 then you can use the one SSD port to expand your internal storage. Otherwise, you can connect an external hard disk using the USB ports provided.