The Ayushman Bharat Health card was an initiative taken under the Ayushman Bharat scheme launched in the year 2018. Ayushman Bharat Health Card is an initiative to connect the citizens of India to the Health Infrastructure and bridge the split between the two. If you apply for Ayushman Bharat Health Card then you will get a card with your name, address, and other details on it.
But the prime thing to notice on the card will be a fourteen-digit number which is the distinct number provided to each cardholder. Similarly, like a bank account with a sixteen-digit atm number, you will have a health account with a fourteen-digit Ayushman Bharat Health Card.
What does an ABHA Card do?
All the medical records of an individual including diagnostic reports, medical treatments & tests, etc will be stored in this fourteen-digit number account. This will help the team of doctors while treating and increasing their efficiency.
However, your medical history can be accessed by any third party only with your permission. Thereupon, it is safe to get an Ayushman Bharat Health Card.
How does the Ayushman Bharat health card help you?
If you have an Ayushman Bharat Health Card you can receive all the amenities given below:
- You can access the verified health facilities placed on the central health repository of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- Under PM-JAY eligibility you can get completely free medical treatments.
- You also become eligible for health insurance of five lakh rupees under the PM-JAY scheme.
- With the help of an ABHA card, all your medical history can be stored in one place and can be accessed at any time of need from anywhere.
- You can keep your medical history safe and protected. There will be no risk of losing it.
- The access system of ABHA accounts is very flexible and protected. One can only access your data with your permission even your doctors can get your medical history if you wish to share it with them.
Health is the most crucial treasury of all the nations of the world. It is health that will give courage to the citizens to work and contribute to the development of the nation. Then the Government also must take care of its citizen’s health. So to take care of citizens’ health, the Government of India(GOI) has launched the initiative of the Ayushman Bharat scheme. This is so that the health infrastructure of the nation develops and connects with all the citizens.
Under the PM-JAY scheme, GOI also ensures that no poor is left behind from the right to medical treatment. Now it is our turn to do our duty as citizens of this nation and register ourselves for an Ayushman Bharat Health Card and open our Ayushman Bharat Health account as soon as possible.
Are you eligible for an ABHA card?
People keep wondering if they should apply or not. What if they are not eligible? In that case, take a look at the eligibility for applying for an ABHA Card.
- Citizens of India are entitled to apply for an ABHA card irrespective of their income, religion, or caste.
- But not all are eligible to get compensation provided under the PM-JAY scheme.
- Only those who are eligible for PM-JAY are registered on the list of SECC-2011.
- One can only be registered under SECC-2011 if their annual income is less than Rs. 2,50000. Under PM-JAY eligible users can get free medical treatments including food, stay, and medicine charges. It also covers health insurance of five lakhs.
- If your income criteria match then it doesn’t matter if you belong to a scheduled tribe, scheduled caste, other backward castes, or a general category.
How to apply for the Ayushman Bharat health card online? – A complete stepwise process
If you wish to apply for an Ayushman Bharat Health Card then you should follow the given steps:
- Step 1: First type on your browser “Apply for Ayushman Bharat Health Card”
- Step 2: Now look for the official website of Ayushman Bharat issued by the Government of India i.e PM-JAY website
- Step 3: Now check if you are eligible for an ABHA Card or not.
- Step 4: If you are eligible then enter your mobile number to sign in.
- Step 5: You will receive an OTP for verification. Enter the OTP now you can register yourself for the ABHA card.
- Step 6: Now, at this point, enter all the required details. To support your claim provide the required documents i.e. Aadhar Card, Bank Account statement, etc.